Terms and Conditions
- Premiums are payable monthly in advance on or before the 1st of each month.
- Members who are 18-65 years or older may join the scheme.
- The insured lives will be limited to those declared on the application form
- Members who are not legally married but who are living together as a family can enjoy family benefits provided that all relevant particulars are declared on the application form.
- Unmarried children under the age of 21 are covered. The cover is extended up to, but not including age 26 if the child is an unmarried full-time student.
- Cover for physically or mentally disabled children are subject to the conditions contained in the Master Policy.
- Membership under the scheme can only commence on the 1st day of the month
- If the 1st premium for inception of the policy is received after the 1st of the month, the cover will only commence on the 1st of the following month.
- Immediate cover is granted for accidental death if a member has paid the 1st premium, should the 1st premium be received later than the 1st day of the current month, same as above will apply. Refer to point 2 above
- (3) Three months waiting period for new members between 18-65 years who fall into the immediate family category.
- (6) Six months waiting period for new members who fall into the extended family category.
- (24) A twenty-four months waiting period for suicidal death.
- Immediate cover on receipt of the first premium for existing members who have more than six (6) months continued cover under the existing scheme. (Such proof is required should deaths occur during the first three (3) months from inception).
- All members still within the waiting period imposed by the previous insurer will serve out the balance of such a waiting period with Zororo-Phumulani before their cover will commence.
Payment of Premiums
- Premiums shall be payable as indicated in the Schedule to the Insurer by the Policyholder at the Premium Rate as specified in the Schedule.
- Payments shall be made from the Commencement Date to the date of termination of this Policy.
- Should the insured event occur before premium payment is effected, the Insurer will have no liability, unless the Insurer is satisfied that at the time, an insurable risk did exist and that the insured had been in good standing in terms of premium payments prior to the happening of the insured event. In the event of such a situation, the Insurer’s decision shall be final.
- Cover on the Scheme is provided for on a month-to-month basis. No reserves are built up under the scheme, therefore premiums are payable lifelong and there are no surrender values when cover ceases.
- Premiums under the scheme are not guaranteed and can be adjusted by the insurer at any stage.
- Membership for new applicants will be restricted to a maximum entry age of 65 years (next birthday) at commencement.
- Only claims submited within six (6) months of the date of death will be considered for payment
- No Claim will be honored if premiums are in arrears or short paid.
- No claims in respect of grandchildren or foster children will be considered unless proof of legal adoption has been supplied.
- In the event of the death of the Policyholder, ownership of the policy may be switched to the surviving spouse; the spouse will then become the Policyholder of the policy, subject to the payment of the premium by the spouse. Please note, however, that this does not automatically happen and it is the responsibility of the remaining spouse to notify the insurer of the change.
- You can claim for cash or exchange your cash for discounted repatriation services.
- Repatriation Services are available to Zimbabwe, Botswana, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania and DRC. The repatriation Service Provider is Doves Crocker Morgan's.
- On top of Repatriation services, Zimbabweans will get additional services by Doves Zimbabwe.
- Nhaka/Ilifa is paid in the event of the death by the Main Member.
- 50% discount of the sum assured will be offered to the main member.
- Nhaka/Ilifa is only obtained should the client decides to take services. No Nhaka/Ilifa can be claimed if the client opts for a cash payout of the sum assured.
Termination of the Policy
- The Policyholder may terminate the policy upon one (1) month no=ce of cancellation being given to the Insurer, in writing.
- If the Policyholder fails to fulfill the obligations in terms of the master policy and the schedule(s), the policy shall lapse.
- The Insurer may terminate its associa=on with the Policyholder upon one (1) months’ notice of cancellation being given to the Policyholder in writing.
- Cover for policyholders and/or dependents will cease on:
- The Policyholder withdrawing from the policy for any reasons whatsoever;
- Non-payment of premiums by the policyholder.
Sums Insured for Eligible Children are payable in accordance with the following:
14 years and Older: 100%
6 to 13 years: 50%
0 to 5 years: 25%
Stillborn is defined as the death of a baby after 28 weeks of pregnancy.
DOVES ZIMBABWE is the contracted funeral home that will conduct the funeral and take over the policy should you decide to relocate to Zimbabwe